- 1 cup flour (season with a big pinch of creole seasoning)
- 4 whole eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cornmeal, medium grind
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 lbs. Orca Bay Swai Fillets
- 1 each French baguette
- mayonnaise (optional)
- hot sauce (optional, but why not?)
- Lettuce, pickles, and tomatoes (optional)
- Put seasoned flour and beaten eggs in separate round cake pans or plates. Mix cornmeal, flour and cayenne in a third pan. Pour oil in a deep dutch oven or 8 qt. pot and heat to 375 degrees.
- Dredge swai fillets through seasoned flour, egg mixture, and cornmeal mixture. Be sure to shake off excess in between each step.
- Carefully place 2-3 fillets in heated oil. Cook for about 3 minutes and scoop out with wire strainer onto a pan lined with paper to absorb oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Build your sandwich with toasted baguette, mayonnaise, swai, lettuce, pickles and tomatoes and a few shots of hot sauce if you dare.