- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 6 cups chicken broth/stock
- 1/4 cup cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan grated or shredded
- 6 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons shallots, finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 lb. Orca Bay King Crab legs
- Green onion, long cut strips (in ice cold water), to garnish
- In a large saute pan melt 2 tablespoons butter on medium high heat and saute shallots until translucent.
- Add rice and lightly toast for 5 minutes stirring with a wooden spoon. Add 1 cup stock, pinch of salt and stir. Allow rice to absorb the stock. Continue to add stock in 1 cup increments and stir. Continue until rice is rich, lovely, starch, cream and done.
- In a separate pan melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter on high head and saute mushrooms. Separate a small portion of cooked mushrooms to the side for garnish. Add the remaining mushrooms to the rice with optional cream and Parmesan.
- To plate: Start with a round, mound of rice and top with a little cooked mushroom and then large pieces of King Crab. Top with green onion curls.