- 1 package Orca Bay Halibut Steaks, thawed
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Halibut owns the distinction of being perhaps the best tasting and best handling fish in the world. Best tasting because these impeccable, ivory-white steaks deliver a clean, signature flavor that could only come from the pure waters of the North Pacific. Best handling because the dense, meaty texture of halibut tolerates rough handling on the grill or in the pan. Best of all, this diligently manager fishery has helped ensure healthy, sustainable stocks.
In a bowl, combine Kalamata and green olives, roasted peppers, parsley, garlic, and capers. Stir in the olive oil and wine vinegar, mixing and coating the chopped ingredients. (Relish can be prepared an hour prior to serving, allowing flavors to combine.) Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush halibut with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper, if desired. Broil or bake for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, about 5 to 6 inches from the heat. To serve, top each halibut steak with relish.