We seek energetic, self-directed, and self-managing team players who thrive in an informal yet results-driven work environment. At Orca Bay, we enjoy a competitive compensation package that includes the following benefits:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance
- Section 125 plan (flexible spending account)
- 401(k) plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability insurance (for select positions)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Employee discounts for seafood purchases
Our benefits package is subject to change at any time, so please see the job listing for the most current information.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Currently we are looking to fill the following position(s):
Job Summary: Supporting MS Access front-end database performance by evaluating and resolving programming issues, designing database management tools, and answering user questions.
- Microsoft Navision, Dynamics CRM and Dynamics BI4 administration and end-user support.
- Local and wide area network administration
- SQL Server, active directory and Windows level one support.
- Microsoft Office level one support. Microsoft Office-automation solution enhancement and level one support.
- Project management of the implementation of corporate sponsored software applications that are critical to meeting the company’s objectives.
- Including current corporate plans to implement Dynamics CRM and Dynamics BI4 .
- Improving tools to monitor data integrity.
Knowledge and Skills:
The following may include both hands-on and working with third party vendors to accomplish.
- Must be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in project managing complex Information Technology / Information System projects from beginning to end.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience providing end-user support for:
- Microsoft Navision
- Dynamics CRM
- Dynamics BI4
- Good understanding and experience configuring, enhancing, maintaining and providing end-user support for:
- Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Access applications
- Good understanding and experience with Microsoft Office Suite – Office Automation, including:
- Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel
- Configuring and use of ODBC and OData
- Visual Basic for Applications
- Good understanding and experience with ANSI standard Structured Query Language
- Knowledge of VBA & ADO and DAO
- Ability to build Access objects and modules.
- Ability to write different types of Access queries: Crosstab, Append, Update, Union, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with XML and SQL Server Management Studio a plus.
- Must be able to multitask and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Seafood industry experience a plus.
Education: AS Degree or related experience
Experience: 1-2 years experience
Working Conditions: Typical office environment with moderate noise levels. Must be able to meet multiple and competing project deadlines in a fast paced work environment with numerous interruptions. This position occasionally requires extended hours to meet project deadlines.
Physical Requirements: Normal hearing, good speaking voice and clear enunciation. Requires sitting for extended periods of time on occasion.
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
Job Summary: Works with little or no supervision to accurately perform product quality tests ensuring raw and finished products meet Orca Bay’s quality standards. Documents testing and inspection results and alerts appropriate staff of potential problems.
- Inspects and tests product for wholesomeness while assigned to a production line as well as raw material when applicable. This includes glaze tests, quality & condition, product/package weights and verifying accuracy of all components of the product.
- Ensures that the product meets customer specifications and quality standards. Alerts appropriate staff of questionable product quality in a timely manner.
- Uses mathematical formulas to calculate scale settings and perform tests. Monitors the accurateness of these calculations with every production check and adjusts them as needed.
- Performs sensory testing on raw seafood products and organoleptic testing on cooked seafood products. (testing uses senses of sight, smell, and taste)
- Follows and enforces employee Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Notifies QA Supervisor or Manager of any outstanding issues
- Performs tasks related to the HACCP program, such as metal detector checks, label reviews, and saw blade checks.
- Accurately maintains inspection and test records, and enters inspection results into Excel spreadsheets. Records descriptive notes of any circumstances occurring on the production line, including spec deviations or quality issues. Obtains appropriate approval for these issues and documents properly.
- Rotates with other technicians through daily and monthly tasks, including calibrations, various swabbing programs, micro testing, etc.
- Follows quality control programs, procedures, and inspection techniques.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum one year direct quality assurance experience in a food manufacturing setting, preferably seafood processing. Working knowledge of HACCP principles/requirements also desirable.
Knowledge and Skills: Requires ability to calculate fractions and percentages, good organizational skills, and ability to speak, read and write in English. Must be able to operate calculator, accurately follow detailed verbal and/or written instructions, and interact professionally with coworkers. Also requires basic proficiency in Excel, high level of accuracy, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast paced work environment.
Job Summary: To perform a variety of sanitation tasks as directed by Sanitation Supervisor and/or lead, in production facility
- While following QA guidelines for cleaning and sanitizing. Performs unskilled sanitation work in frozen seafood production facility.
- To complete tasks in a fast paced work environment, as well as follow directions as given by lead/supervisor.
- Become part of the sanitation team to ensure that tasks are completed as efficiently as possible.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices as well as Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s).
- Be aware of and follow all company policies as outlined in Employee Handbook.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Willing to learn.
Knowledge and Skills: Must be able to follow written and oral directions to complete tasks in a fast paced work environment.
Working Conditions: Position holder works on factory floor where elevated noise levels require hearing protection. Ambient temperature in factory area averages 50°F. Must be able to meet multiple and competing project deadlines in a fast paced work environment. This position requires frequent extended hours due to seasonal business demands.
Job Summary: Assisting maintenance department at frozen cold storage/manufacturing facility.
- Work directly with Maintenance Manager facilitating building maintenance inside and outside of facility.
- Perform routine building maintenance, such as misc painting indoors and outdoors, plumbing, landscaping, roofing and other tasks to keep facility in proper shape both mechanically and aesthetically.
- Keep the facility and surroundings clean from debris.
- Chip ice in freezer at -15 degrees for short periods of time, at heights to reach as necessary.
- Assist with production machines setup and startup.
- Vacuum and clean dock plates, machines, walls, floors, doors, engine room, pipes and dumpsters.
- Clean and fill inkjets on production floor.
- Assist Maintenance Mechanics as needed.
- Do SQF Maintenance sheets, and keep log of work performed.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Warehouse or Production facility with processing equipment experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills: Requires organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast paced work environment. Requires professional demeanor for interaction with numerous internal and external contacts. Basic proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook a plus. Ability to follow all GMP, SQF and Safety rules and policies.
Working Conditions: Position holder works in both food processing environment with elevated noise levels requiring hearing protection, ambient temperature in food processing area averages 55°F and involves exposure to freezing, non-weather conditions in product cold storage, with some exposure to outside weather conditions. Must be able to meet multiple and competing project deadlines in a fast paced work environment with numerous interruptions. This position requires frequent extended hours due to seasonal business demands.
Physical Requirements: Normal hearing, good speaking voice and clear enunciation. Requires occasional bending and twisting to perform equipment repairs, etc. Must be able to push, lift, and/or carry 50 lbs.
Disclaimer: All positions listed above, the information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
Email your resume to: email@example.com
Or, visit our employment office to fill out an application:
Orca Bay Seafoods
900 Powell Avenue SW
Renton, WA 98057-2907
Thank you for visiting our employment page!